Sunday 17 May 2015

A start on some foliage

For the breaking bad scene I left foliage till very late in the project and then ended up rushing it and had it looking quite awful, so to not repeat the mistake I thought I'd work on it early this time. I spent most of past week looking into games that have pretty foliage like Crysis 3 and studying it to try and understand their approaches. Learned quite a bit and figured out some nice techniques, especially for ivy, so will be putting it into practice soon and might also write up a tutorial for anyone interested :)

Started working on and setting up some ground foliage, the grass has been a nightmare but I think I finally got it to look better. Started blocking out the barn at the same time as well, still super rough, not sure yet if I'll keep it red paint with most of it being chipped/worn off, or just plain bare wood

Some screenies:







High poly dandelion:





High poly grassblades:


No comments:

Post a Comment